Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Maximize Use of
iPods by Learning:
Sync School Email
Sync Google Calendar
Chris's Main Wiki
Chris on Twitter
Quick setup instructions for getting email on the iPad or iPod touch...
Typical School Email on iPod/iPad (check with your school-based technology person to be sure)
To check and send school email, follow the instructions below.
1. From the home screen of the iPod Touch, click the
Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. At the top, click tap
at the bottom.
5. Tap the 'Add Mail Account' at the top.
5. Click in the white area of the
field, enter your first and last name.
6. In the
type your school email address:
6. Type your email password in the
7. Type a description in the
field - School Email or something of your choosing.
9. In the
Incoming Mail Server
section, complete the following:
a. Host name: mail.school.org (details from your school tech person)
b. Username: jsmith (just the
10. Scroll down to the
Outgoing Mail Server
a. Host name: smtp.school.org (details from your school tech person)
b. User name: jsmith
c. Password: your school email password again
11. You will be asked if you want to Connect Using SSL - this basically means your email is being sent unencrypted - not a huge deal unless you're sending personal or classified information. Click
at the top right.
- it will take a minute or so to verify.
13. You may be asked again to say
to the "
Connect without SSL
13. Once verified, you'll be at a screen to set a few
such as signature, etc. Set as you desire.
14. If you'll now go back to your home screen, click the Mail app icon, you'll start being able to send and receive your school email on your iPod Touch!
You can also add a Yahoo or Gmail account as well!
Be sure to check with your school tech person if you need help.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"